Electrical Emergencies: the dos and don’ts
Electricians in Altamonte Springs, Fl are expert at handling all types of electrical emergencies. Electrical emergencies can be chaotic if people concerned do know how to deal with the situation. Worst still, some people do what they are not required to do during electrical emergencies. It is very essential for all house occupants, industrial workers and others who have one or two things to do with appliances using electricity to know the right step to take in event of electrical emergency. It is better to know how to handle the situation before calling on the electricians in Altamonte Springs, Fl.
The Electricians in Altamonte Springs, Fl are always available at your beck and call in case of any electrical emergency. Apart from that, one of the duties of electricians in Altamonte Springs, Fl is to prevent any form of electrical emergency through adequate electrical installation and maintenance.
What you are required to do in case of electrical emergency
- When there is electrical emergency call on the emergency services and the electricians in Altamonte Springs, Fl using your cell phone alone as the use of land line might put you in a risk of electrocution
- Shut off the main power if there is fault in the home’s wiring or if you notice there is risk of electric shock.
- Tell all family members to stay away from electrical appliances and sockets
- Let every member of the family get out of the house if there is risk of fire
- Switch and unplug all appliances if there is power outage. Close off all the switches except the energy saving bulb located in the centre room for you to know when the power is restored.
- Check the pulse and heart beat on the individual in event of electrical shock. Perform resuscitation on the victim if you are adequately trained in that regard, if not; Wait for the emergency team to arrive.
- If the person is still in contact with electrical source, it is advisable to keep off to avoid getting shocked electrically as well. The electricians in Altamonte Springs, Fl know what to do in such situation.
What you are not required to do when there are electrical emergencies are as follows:
- Do not apply oil or any ointment on any electrical burns as a form of treatment as these will burn the surfaces further
- Use emergency light instead of candle; candles can aggravate the situation as it can tip over and fall, causing fire in the process.
- If the only source of light is candle, you must give them proper attention. Candle with expanded bases are less likely to tip over.
- Do not attempt to touch a person that is already in contact with a live wire or a power source. Their muscles are contracted as a result of the shock causing them to hang on the contact surface.
- You will definitely get shocked it you accidentally touch a person in contact with Power source; the current will find a way to flow through your body.
Do not attempt to put out electrical fire with water as this may put you at risk of electric shock. In case of electrical emergency, call for electricians in Altamonte Springs, Fl and other emergency team that you need their service at that point in time.